Candy Cane Heart Valentines
Thought you all might like to see the quick project I did tonight. It’s from the classic Valentine’s party book –Valentine School Parties . . . What Do I Do?. I didn’t look at the directions again before I dug out my glue gun and got to work, but it is so simple that I really recommend it for a cute Valentine gift. This is just a bunch of hot gluing so it’s not a project for the little ones. The kids can make the tags, instead of the (gasp!) store-bought ones I used. I bought store valentines for my son for two reasons 1- he loves Sesame Street and there they were at the discount store, and 2) as my back-up plan.
- 2 Leftover Candy Canes for each heart
- 1 Conversation Heart Candy for each heart
- 1 Tag (or store-bought valentine that folds and comes with a cute sticker)
- Glue gun and hot glue (low-temp is fine)
- Arrange the candy canes facing each other in a heart shape on a paper plate or other surface that can get hot-glue on it
- Squirt a blob of glue where the canes meet at the top and bottom. The glue should mostly go in-between for better holding strength.
- Apply a small amount of hot glue to the back of a heart candy and add to middle top of heart
- Let cool and attach tag.
That’s all! Happy Valentine’s Day